By Robert Godel
The writer is especially drawn to comparative and ancient study on Armenian as an Indo-European language. This "Introduction" involves components. the 1st one describes the phonological and morphological approach of Classical Armenian with the aim of environment off its attribute good points, no longer of living on such information as are available in any reliable grammar ebook. the second one half is comparative and ancient. in addition to the simplest ascertained evidence, it comprises disscussions on arguable matters, in addition to a few new insights in histroical morphology.
Read or Download An Introduction to the Study of Classical Armenian PDF
Similar instruction books
Hungarian: a necessary Grammar is a concise, trouble-free consultant to crucial buildings of this attention-grabbing language. All scholars of Hungarian, no matter if novices or at intermediate and complex degrees, will welcome its readability of presentation and jargon-free factors. it truly is excellent for these learning independently or following a taught path.
It is a consultant to Korean language utilization for college kids who've already obtained the fundamentals of the language and need to increase their wisdom and organise gathered bits of knowledge right into a complete photograph. it really is designed to advertise the fluency and accuracy important to powerful communique, presents first-class insurance of proverbs, idioms, and sound symbolism, is customized to the wishes of the English-speaking person, and should be useful to a person requiring up to date assistance on issues of grammar and vocabulary.
This grammar has been written to assist the coed to imagine within the jap manner. half One comprises a number of introductory notes on Nomenclature, Syntax, Verbs, Aru, Iru, Oru, on Adjectives and on international phrases. half concentrates on connectives – the debris and suffixes which alter the experience of alternative phrases or express the connection of those phrases to one another.
- Teach Yourself Arabic (Teach Yourself Languages)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS 1 Cassette set
- Cambridge First Certificate in English 3 for Updated Exam Self-study Pack (Student's Book with answers and Audio CDs): Examination Papers from University ... ESOL Examinations (FCE Practice Tests)
- Colloquial Bengali: The Complete Course for Beginners
- Porte Aperte
- How Do I Do That In Lightroom?
Additional resources for An Introduction to the Study of Classical Armenian
Besides, nouns are used in the Acc. 20 (as against: tay z-ptul 'he bears (the) fruit' Matth. 46, etc. lt In both places, the Greek original has a compound verb (karpophorei). 2). Notice the occurrence of the bare Acc. (without z-) in formular phrases: patasxani tam 'I answer (give answer)'; erkir paganem 'I prostrate myself (kiss the earth)'; akn·unim ' I expect , look forward (have an eye to something)', etc. 12. R egular declension patterns are numerous. In classifying them, it seems appropriate to contrast, first of all, variable and invariable stems (Meillet, 1913, § 43).
231) We thus get four paradigms : orsam 'I hunt' orsas orsay orsamk' orsayk' orsan b) grem 'I write' gres gre gremk' grek' gren - hayim 'I look' hayis hayi hayimk' hayik' hayin argelum 'I hinder' argelus argelu argelumk' argeluk' argelun The impf. ind. has vocalic endings, except in the 3rd sg. : Sg. 1 2 3 -i -ir Pl. -ak' -ik' -(y)r The inflectional vowel i changes to e, so that the 2nd and the 3rd paradigms merge: hayei, like grei. 212; notice, however, the peculiar form of the 3rd sg. in the -u- paradigm : orsayi orsayir orsayr orsayak' orsayik' orsayin c) grei greir grer greak' greik' grein (hayei) argelui argeluir argeloyr argeluak' argeluik' argeluin The pres.
4. n~yn baniv Ast uco. · Yev hanyal az-na. i lya:i:(a)n mi barjar yec'uyc' nama z-amenayn t'agavorut'yunas asxarhi i vayrkyan zamanaki. 6. soc'a, zi inj tavyal e yev um kamim . tam az-na. 7. Ard du yet'e ankyal yerkir paganic'es a:i:aji im, k'ez yeyic'i amenayn. 8: Patasxani yet nama Hisus yev ase : Yert' h-etas im, Satana, zi garyal e : Y erkir pagc'es tya:i:(a)n Astuco k'um yev az-na miayn pastesc'es. 9. Yev ac az-na h-Erusayem yev kac'uyc' i vera astaraki tacari-n, yev ase c'a-na·: Yet'e vordi yes Astuco, ark · az-k'ez asti i vayr, (10) zi garyal e ·yet'e harestakac' yuroc' patviryal e vasan k'o pahel az-k'ez, (11) zi i vera je:i:ac' barj(a)c'en az-k'ez, mi yerbek' harc'es az-k'ari z-otan k'o.