By Jane Bozarth
This publication focuses solely at the software of PowerPoint to the construction of on-line education programs. Better than Bullet issues, developing attractive e-Learning with PowerPoint fills that hole. through delivering in-depth assistance, particular directions, and priceless workouts, the booklet will let education practitioners to create impactful studying interactions in PowerPoint. the writer steps readers throughout the robust beneficial properties of this well known machine program, protecting every thing from textual content to paintings, animation to interactivity. only if the reader owns a replica of PowerPoint, this ebook will instantly positioned unfastened real-world instruments into the fingers of these who want it. the knowledge is useful instead of theoretical and instantly appropriate. most significantly, this e-book may help make e-learning available to people who have formerly been excluded from making the most of the possibilities e-learning can provide.Jane Bozarth is the e-learning coordinator for the North Carolina workplace of country Personnel's Human source improvement crew and has been a coaching practitioner because 1989. She is a columnist for education journal and has written for various courses together with inventive education concepts publication and the magazine of academic expertise and Society.
Read or Download Better Than Bullet Points: Creating Engaging e-Learning with PowerPoint PDF
Best microsoft books
* With greater than 2. five million copies in print of earlier variants, Excel For Dummies is the only critical advisor to Excel, and this up-to-date version has been thoroughly rewritten to mirror broad adjustments in Excel 2007 * Readers become aware of the impressive adjustments to Microsoft place of work, equivalent to the total redecorate of the interface to stress projects, a extra graphical interface, more straightforward record looking out, and extra * indicates easy methods to create and edit worksheets, input formulation, create and edit charts, insert graphs, layout database varieties, and use seek-and-find recommendations * Demonstrates find out how to upload links to worksheets, shop worksheets as websites, upload latest worksheet info to an present web content, and ship worksheets through email * areas a different emphasis at the alterations to collaboration and alertness servers
This examination is designed to validate home windows Server 2003 Microsoft qualified platforms directors (MCSEs) advert, community Infrastructure, and alertness Platform Technical experts talents. the thing of this examination is to validate in basic terms the talents which are are various from the prevailing MCSE talents. This examination will satisfy the home windows Server 2008 expertise expert standards of assessments 70-640, 70-642, and 70-643.
Totally up-to-date for home windows Server 2012 R2! Designed to assist firm directors enhance real-world, job-role-specific abilities - this education advisor makes a speciality of middle infrastructure management for home windows Server 2012 R2. construct hands-on services via a chain of classes, routines, and steered practices - and aid maximize your functionality at the task.
As a part of the hot Pocket Primer sequence, this e-book offers an summary of the key and educational video clips to take advantage of PowerPoint. The e-book serves as a kick off point for deeper exploration of PowerPoint. the point of interest of the e-book is on utilizing the software program package deal and growing dynamic and fascinating shows.
- The Real MCTS MCITP Exam 70-643 Prep Kit: Independent and Complete Self-Paced Solutions
- Word Hacks: Tips & Tools for Taming Your Text
- Word Hacks: Tips & Tools for Taming Your Text
- How to Do Everything with Microsoft Office 2003
Additional resources for Better Than Bullet Points: Creating Engaging e-Learning with PowerPoint
14. Story: “A. 15. indd 41 10/5/07 12:18:07 PM 42 BETTER THAN BULLET POINTS From Classroom to Online: Think “Transform,” Not “Transfer” Converting an existing (and presumably successful) classroom course to an online format can be a tricky, time-consuming undertaking. The easy way out—simply moving the content and lecture portions to an electronic means—is what leads to e-“learning” at its worst: slide after slide of bulleted content. Engaging activities and the contributions of individual instructors are lost.
Along with other development decisions, you will need to estimate time it will take to create your e-learning program. indd 27 10/5/07 12:18:02 PM 28 BETTER THAN BULLET POINTS • Existing training materials (Amount/Type/Quality) • Knowledge and experience of the project manager • Interest and attitude of the project manager • Interest and attitude of the practice development/sales person • Knowledge and experience of the instructional developers • Interest and attitude of the instructional developers • Client knowledge of development process • Client attitude toward the project and project team • Evaluation and pre-testing requirements and procedures • Media elements • Degree of learner versus system control of learning • Materials approval process • Number of iterations • Development methodology • Development and programming tools and systems • Explicit design, development, and documentation standards • Number and nature of mid-project changes • Experience of the programming staff • Experience and capabilities of the media product staff • Requirements to interface with other systems and technology • Existing hardware and software architecture Thanks to Richard M.
And you want them to feel confident that this is a task they can handle without panicking. Other topics may involve only one domain: learning to use a new office copier very similar to the old one may involve only the psychomotor domain, while using a very different model might touch the cognitive as well as the psychomotor. 1. Matching Outcomes to Strategies OUTCOME if you want learner to. . indd 26 SOME STRATEGIES then try. . RATIONALE because this will encourage. . SPECIFICS (and here are some ideas; all can be done online) Knowledge List, define Text presentation; Simple test Recall Matching terms to definitions; Ordering in correct sequence; Simple multiple-choice quiz; Printable worksheet; List the four steps in defusing an angry customer; Given choices, correctly choose phrase most likely to defuse angry customer Comprehend Explain, predict, describe Restate; Paraphrase; Translate Deeper understanding; Connection between verbal description and behavior Given choices, predict outcomes of different phrases in defusing angry customer; Given choices, rank order phrases used to defuse angry customer, from most effective to least effective Application Solve, experiment Practice; Determine; Get a “feel” for it Experiential learning; Trial and error Given simple scenario, utilize four-step process in defusing angry customer; Given brief description of angry customer, practice using defusing phrases in a skill practice or role play Analysis Connect, infer Taking it apart to Careful examination see how it works; of complicated behaviors Isolate “precursors” to end results Given complex scenario, break into component parts to identify underlying factors; Given “script” of unsuccessful customer interaction, identify phrases or words that made the situation worse 10/5/07 12:18:01 PM IT’S ABOUT DESIGN, NOT SOFTWARE OUTCOME if you want learner to.