By Stacia Misner, Philo Janus
Master Microsoft's company Intelligence Tools
Building built-in company Intelligence suggestions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & workplace 2010 explains easy methods to take complete benefit of Microsoft's collaborative enterprise intelligence (BI) instruments. a number of robust, versatile applied sciences are lined, together with SQL Server research prone (SSAS), Excel, Excel prone, PowerPivot, SQL Server Integration companies (SSIS), Server Reporting providers (SSRS), SharePoint Server 2010, PerformancePoint providers, and grasp info companies. This useful advisor makes a speciality of deveoloping end-to-end BI strategies that foster educated choice making.
• Create a multidimensional shop for aggregating company facts with SSAS
• Maximize the research services of Excel and Excel Services
• mix facts from varied assets and fix facts for research with PowerPivot
• movement info into the approach utilizing SSIS, InfoPath, Streamsight, and SharePoint 2010 exterior Lists
• construct and post stories with SSRS
• combine info from disparate purposes, utilizing SharePoint 2010 BI features
• Create scorecards and dashboards with PerformancePoint Services
• Summarize huge volumes of knowledge in charts and graphs
• Use the SSRS map function for complicated visualizations of spatial data
• discover styles and relationships in facts utilizing the SSAS info mining engine
• deal with grasp info administration with grasp information Services
• submit the elements of your BI resolution and practice administrative initiatives
Read Online or Download Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & Office 2010 PDF
Best microsoft books
* With greater than 2. five million copies in print of prior versions, Excel For Dummies is the single crucial consultant to Excel, and this up to date version has been thoroughly rewritten to mirror broad alterations in Excel 2007 * Readers observe the awesome alterations to Microsoft workplace, comparable to the full remodel of the interface to stress initiatives, a extra graphical interface, more straightforward rfile looking, and extra * indicates tips on how to create and edit worksheets, input formulation, create and edit charts, insert graphs, layout database kinds, and use seek-and-find recommendations * Demonstrates tips to upload links to worksheets, store worksheets as web content, upload latest worksheet information to an current online page, and ship worksheets through e mail * locations a different emphasis at the adjustments to collaboration and alertness servers
This examination is designed to validate home windows Server 2003 Microsoft qualified platforms directors (MCSEs) advert, community Infrastructure, and alertness Platform Technical experts abilities. the item of this examination is to validate simply the talents which are are assorted from the prevailing MCSE abilities. This examination will satisfy the home windows Server 2008 know-how professional necessities of assessments 70-640, 70-642, and 70-643.
Totally up-to-date for home windows Server 2012 R2! Designed to assist firm directors increase real-world, job-role-specific abilities - this education consultant specializes in center infrastructure management for home windows Server 2012 R2. construct hands-on services via a sequence of classes, routines, and prompt practices - and support maximize your functionality at the activity.
As a part of the hot Pocket Primer sequence, this booklet presents an summary of the most important and instructional movies to exploit PowerPoint. The booklet serves as a place to begin for deeper exploration of PowerPoint. the focal point of the publication is on utilizing the software program package deal and developing dynamic and fascinating shows.
- Linux system administrator's survival guide
- Windows 8.1 For Dummies
- Instant Microsoft Forefront UAG Mobile Configuration Starter
- Microsoft Office Live for dummies
Extra resources for Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & Office 2010
In January 2009, Microsoft announced they were ending PerformancePoint as an independent product and rolling it into SharePoint (at that time, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, or MOSS). We’ll get a full introduction to PerformancePoint in Chapter 2, and then dive into it later in the book. So—dashboards can have charts and graphs, and some folks seem to have a thing for gauges. But at the executive level, when running a multibillion-dollar corporation, executives don’t want to be reading through charts, parsing numbers, trying to remember statuses, etc.
Adding weighting factors allows, well, weighting the indicators as they are rolled up by the scorecard. So we have business data linked into key performance indicators, KPIs collected into objectives and perspectives, and all of this glued together in a scorecard. However, how do we keep track of relationships between KPIs, and how they may affect our business strategy? For example, if our customer satisfaction drops, while that metric itself will drop, and the customer perspective will drop, we will likely also see a financial impact as we lose returning customers.
Needless to say, there’s so much more we could add. However, ultimately, this book is not about the business side of business intelligence. We do recommend that you read further on the subject, whether you’re a business analyst, consultant, or software developer who has to make the stuff work. It’s important for everyone to be aware of the ultimate goal. We’ve tried to keep this chapter vendor-agnostic. Moving forward, we’ll spend more time talking about specific Microsoft products and technologies to bring the concepts we’ve learned here to life.