By Hiroo Tominaga, Masakazu Tamaki
Chemical response and Reactor layout starts off with a dialogue of chemical reactions, emphasizing chemical equilibrium and fee of response and proceeds to the speculation and perform of warmth and mass move, and significant concerns within the layout of chemical reactors. the ultimate element of the ebook presents precise case reviews from the chemical overlaying the six chemical approaches: naphtha cracking, steam reforming, epoxy resin construction, hydro-treating, fluid catalytic cracking and flue fuel desulfurization.
Read or Download Chemical Reaction and Reactor Design PDF
Best inorganic books
“… the publication does a superb task of placing jointly numerous various periods of fabrics. Many universal issues emerge, and the booklet may well facilitate the improvement of hybrids during which the characteristics of the “parents” are more advantageous. ” –Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011With purposes in optoelectronics and photonics, quantum info processing, nanotechnology and knowledge garage, molecular fabrics enhance our day-by-day lives in numerous methods.
- Chemistry of High-Energy Materials
- Inorganic Syntheses, Vol. 29
- Spectroscopic Properties of Inorganic and Organometallic Compounds, Volume 38 (Specialist Periodical Reports)
- Materials Challenges: Inorganic Photovoltaic Solar Energy
- Hybrid Organic-Inorganic Composites
Extra resources for Chemical Reaction and Reactor Design
B) Heterogeneous thermochemical reaction. Adsorption increases the reactivity of a molecule. Increased concentration of molecules by adsorption enhances the probability of their reacting thermochemically. (c) Photochemical reaction. High-energy photons like ultraviolet light collide to cause the molecules to react. (d) Plasmachemical reaction. Highenergy electrons collide to cause the molecules to react. (e) Electrochemical reaction. Molecules (or ions) accept (or release) overpotential electrons to react at the electrodes.
12) (diffusion term) The above equation clearly indicates that the mass flux is composed of two parts: the convective mass flux and the diffusion flux at the interface. This makes a big difference from the heat transfer, where no effect of the convective term is known. Unidirectional diffusion is a binary mass transfer, in which only one component is transferred through a stagnant fluid, as is the case with gas absorption or evaporation of a pure liquid. 13) Rearrangement of Eq. 13) by use of the diffusion flux theorem, Eq.
Edited by H. Tominaga and M. Tamaki © 1998 John Wiley & Sons Ltd. K. 1 Conduction of heat through a solid plate. 2 shows a physical picture of evaporation of volatile liquid in a test tube in contact with flow of dry air. At steady state linear concentration profile of evaporated vapour is established in the vapour space of the test tube and steady evaporation of the liquid takes place. The transfer of material, which is caused by non-uniform distribution of concentration, is known as the diffusion.